Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chicken with Lime-Soy-Cilantro sauce

Last month I made the Seared Tuna with Avocado recipe from Simply Recipes, and the flavors of the sauce were fantastic even though I had to cook the fish through since I didn't have sushi-grade tuna. This time I experimented with using the sauce as a marinade for boneless, skinless chicken thighs. After marinating, I cooked the chicken on a Foreman grill and boiled the remaining marinade so it was safe to use as a sauce on the chicken, avocado slices, and brown rice. It turned out really well.

I can't figure out what this dish wants as a side, besides the avocado. Lacking a good answer, I served it with a quick saute of zucchini from Smitten Kitchen. It worked, but there was a lot of green on the plate. Maybe a mix of yellow squash and green zucchini some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment