Saturday, March 14, 2009

Curried Vegetables over Sweet Potatoes

Thursday night I picked up a sweet potato from the store, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. I ended up combining a couple recipes and improvising, and it turned out pretty well.


My main recipe inspiration came from the Washington Post, Curried Shrimp on a Sweet Potato. However, I didn't have shrimp and didn't care to run out again for more groceries, so I used the mushrooms I had on hand instead. Not that mushrooms and shrimp are really good substitutes, but in this case I just wanted something to put in the sauce. I also added a green onion that wasn't in the original recipe.

I didn't feel like waiting an hour to bake the sweet potato, so broiled sweet potato slices as instructed in this Broiled Sweet Potato and Turkey Salad recipe.


Some day I hope to be able to just whip up a dish with ingredients I have on hand, but in the meantime it's good to at least feel comfortable mucking about with recipes freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment