Saturday, March 28, 2009

Latkes and applesauce

From the backlog: Tuesday 3/24

The night before, I was hungry for some potatoy goodness, then discovered that the potatoes I had in my pantry had sprouted and gone soft. So I planned to make this potato pancake recipe from Smitten Kitchen, the next night. Inspired by her zucchini latke recipe, but not actually wanting to make it (what am I going to do with the rest of the box of matzo meal after I use 1/2 cup?), I added some shredded zucchini as well. I don't think it turned out quite as crisp as it was supposed to, but what do I know?

Also - homemade applesauce. Yum. There's some lemon juice and lemon peel, which you don't taste except for the brightness. I even bought a potato masher in order to finish this off, but the apples had already broken down so much that all I had to do was stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment