Saturday, February 7, 2009

Seared Tuna with Avocado

The other night I made a recipe that I had tried once before and remembered it to be very tasty, and fortunately it lived up to my memories! Seared Tuna with Avocado, adapted from an original recipe from Tyler Florence of the Food Network, by way of Simply Recipes.

It's basically seared tuna, topped with a sauce, with sliced avocado served on the side. But, oh, this sauce! The ingredient list sounds like a Mexican cookbook and Japanese cookbook got mixed up in printing - cilantro, jalapeƱo, lime juice, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Who uses lime and soy sauce together? Well, you should. This sauce is amazing. Now if I can keep myself from overcooking the tuna next time (I definitely didn't have sushi grade, so I had to cook it through) then it would be even better.

Zeus thought it smelled good, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment