Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pan-Fried Pork Chop

My cooking style has never relied heavily on Meat-And-Potatoes meals, but after seeing how easy and tasty tonight's dinner was, I may have to reconsider! It helped that I could reprise the sherry potatoes and boiled carrots from last week's dinner.

Items prepared especially for this meal were steamed broccoli and Elise's Mom's Perfect Pork Chops. I didn't bother to make the dry rub, but just with some paprika, salt, and pepper and following her technique, the pork chop came out juicy and flavorful. I probably could have left it on the heat just a little longer, but I was scared of drying it out.

Longer-term challenge: since I'm taking night classes, I'm going to need to find some foods that can sit in the fridge all day and then taste good cold or at room temperature for dinner. The chickpea/green bean salad paired with some carrot and red pepper sticks sufficed last night, but I need to be on the lookout for something that might be more satisfying. I stumbled on a bento box blog, which I thought might provide inspiration, but a.) most of those foods are unfamiliar -> don't want to try them when I don't have a good plan B available, and b.) they generally only need to sit until lunchtime, not dinner. Things to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment