Sunday, February 22, 2009

Made-Up Chicken and Noodles

From the backlog: February 18
My constraints that night were that I wanted to use up the breaded chicken breast in the fridge, and that I didn't feel like going grocery shopping. I came up with a sauce for whole-wheat egg noodles, topped with the chicken.

Impromptu dish outline:
Saute onions, finely chopped celery and carrots in a bit of olive oil. Add mushrooms and stir until cooked. Add a splash of white wine and let evaporate. Add larger splashes of chicken broth and half-and-half; heat and allow to thicken slightly. Season with salt, pepper and a couple shakes of Herbes de Provence. Toss with cooked egg noodles, top with heated chicken breast.



Not the best meal I've ever eaten, but it met the constraints and filled me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment