Sunday, January 25, 2009

Starting simple

I'm starting this blog to track my efforts to feed myself well. First meal to report - grapefruit, cinnamon toast, and coffee (Aeropress, of course.) Perhaps not the most auspicious start to a blog devoted to cooking. But! This isn't just any bread. It's homemade, albeit the apparently-famous-but-I-stumbled-on Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I mostly followed the recipe as shown at Alexandra's Kitchen, but I used the preheated heavy covered pot from Mark Bittman's no-knead variation to try to develop a bit of crust. I think I'll keep the lid on a bit longer next time; 12 minutes wasn't enough.

I also whipped up a fresh batch of cinnamon sugar this morning, if that counts as cooking. I can't believe people actually buy cinnamon sugar when it's about 5¢ worth of sugar and cinnamon, mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment