Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spinach, Mushroom, and Carmelized Onion Frittata

Tonight's dinner featured a frittata, following the general outlines of Simply Recipe's Spinach Frittata. I added mushrooms and some leftover carmelized onions, and used up some ricotta cheese in the egg mixture.
Unfortunately, I added a bit too much frozen spinach, or didn't break up the clumps enough - it overpowered the other ingredients.

I also baked the rest of the dough from the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day batch I whipped up a few days ago. Pretty good bread, and it's very nice to be able to have fresh bread without really planning ahead of time to have it that night. I think I'll check the book out of the library and look if there's a variation starring some whole wheat flour.



Yum - now doesn't that look good?

No comments:

Post a Comment